- Preparation and mixing of the powder
– Mixing of Wolframcarbid (WC), Cobalt, Nickel or Iron and other Carbides.
– Homogenising to destroy the agglomerates and increase the sinter activity of the powder.
– Spray drying to get a flowing granulate with a homogenous density
- Pressing / Forming
Four possibilities of pressing (starting material: granulate):
– Direct pressing (ca. 2 t/cm2).
– Iso-static pressing
Metal injection moulding (MIM)
– Forming (starting material: pressed green body): Machining with a pcd- or diamant coated tool (turning, milling, drilling) or grinding with diamant
– Between 1400 – 1600° C depending on the grade.
– Change of carbon balance.
– Sintered carbide is non-porous.
– Shrinkage of the carbide part between 19 – 30%.
– Grinding, wire-edm, honing, polishing.
|Preparation and mixing
of the powder
|Forming / Pressing||Sintering||Finishing|
Information added by Ceratizit